20 Hours Per Week, $15 Per Hour
Department: Database Services / Call Center Operations
Reports to: Manager, Database Services / Manager, Call Center Operations
Onsite or Remote: Onsite or Remote
Job Summary: This is a blended position, combining a Resource Database Curator and a Community Navigator. The staff will be trained initially in Resource Database Curating and then be trained as a Community Navigator to handle calls from the Call Center. This position may matriculate between the two positions as needed by Management.
Resource Database Curator – Responsible for identifying, adding, and maintaining community resource
content that is placed in a database for use by call center staff. While much of this position works within a
database environment, Resource Database Curators may also interact with government, human service, or
business entity staff to obtain and understand available resources in various communities. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Conduct formal annual and interim updates to the resource database as directed by the Resource
Database Services Manager.
• As directed by the Resource Database Services Manager, contact community resources and partners/stakeholders to identify local resources to input into the database.
• Add new service entities into the database as located or provided by the Manager.
• Make changes in the database as they are located, reported by an entity or partners/stakeholders,
and/or provided by the Manager.
• Other related duties as requested.
Community Navigator – the Call Center is an information and referral system for health and human services
and other social assistance programs.
• Provide information and referrals as requested by callers.
• Document calls in software system.
• Maintain accessibility during specified scheduled hours.
• Will provide technical assistance and answer questions as needed from volunteer Community
Required Position Skills: Experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel. Excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, strong writing skills, ability to work both independently and as a team, friendly, helpful, and empathetic. Experience working in databases and/or a call center environment helpful.
Education and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in human services related field (Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counseling, etc.) or similar helping field (Nursing, Teaching, etc.).
• High school degree or equivalent required.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: email@example.com