Community Engagement Coordinator
Full Time, Exempt
Sr. Director of Development and Engagement
The Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for increasing visibility, expanding impact and implementing strategies that mobilize people in the community to support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Fox Valley United Way. This position is responsible for building fundraising and engagement activities and events, monitoring resources and outcomes for the achievement of fundraising goals and objectives. In addition, another key focus is to support the promotion and maintenance of new and existing workplace campaigns.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential functions of the job)
- Identify, strengthen and grow relationships with supporters, volunteers and community partners
- Design and implement engagement appreciation and recognition strategies
- Cultivate and grow volunteers supporting fundraising goals, activities and events
- Promote and grow internal engagement programs to success
- Clearly communicate and increase awareness of Fox Valley United Way’s mission, vision and programs through strategic and consistent communication strategies
- Communicate and inform community stakeholders, agency partners and donors about the work and impact of Fox Valley United Way
- Create compelling, emotional stories that inspire and motivate others to engage with Fox Valley United Way
- Design and manage fundraising events and experiences with specific goals and objectives for increased revenue and engagement
- Promote internal programs to success through procurement of resources including revenue sources, sponsorships, in-kind donations and volunteerism
- Coordinate workplace campaign presentations including delivery of campaign materials, scheduling of agency speakers, pre and post campaign reporting
- Promote volunteer engagement opportunities related to workplace campaigns
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork Collaboration – Understands the importance of collective communications among the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Project management, ability to prioritize, plan and map out activities and events. Effectively manages multiple tasks
- Quality Control – demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events
- Self-sufficient – self-directed and takes initiative on projects
Incumbent must have a passion for working in a mission driven organization.
High School diploma required. General Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field or equivalent experience preferred
- Project Management
Flexibility to work occasional night and weekend hours may be required for successful completion of Fox Valley United Way activities and events.
To Apply: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – No phone calls please.