Direct Report to:
Senior Director of Development and Engagement
The Communications & Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for increasing visibility, expanding impact and implementing strategies that mobilize people in the community to support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Fox Valley United Way. This position is responsible for setting the organizational tone and voice, overseeing copy, writing, editing and production of a variety of communication tools for multiple audiences and is responsible for building and supporting engagement activities and events under the guidance of the Senior Director of Development and Engagement.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential functions of the job)
- Clearly communicate and increase awareness of Fox Valley United Way’s mission and vision through strategic and consistent communication strategies including quarterly newsletters, social media channels, website and press releases
- Communicate and inform community stakeholders, community partners and donors about the work and impact of Fox Valley United Way
- Create compelling, emotional stories that inspire and motivate others to engage with Fox Valley United Way
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Development and Engagement to produce materials for publicity and promotion of activities and events
- Champion the organization’s brand standards, messaging and tone of voice
- Identify, strengthen and grow relationships with supporters, volunteers and community partners
- Design and implement engagement appreciation and recognition strategies
- Cultivate and grow volunteers supporting revenue goals, activities and events
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Development and Engagement to support development strategies and goals
- Design and manage events and experiences with specific goals and objectives for increased revenue and engagement
- Promote internal programs to success through procurement of resources including revenue sources, in-kind donations and volunteerism
- Identify and secure sponsorships for activities and events
- Support Senior Director of Development and Engagement on workplace campaigns
- Coordinate workplace campaign presentations including delivery of campaign materials, scheduling of agency speakers, pre and post campaign reporting
- Promote volunteer engagement opportunities related to workplace campaigns
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork Collaboration – Understands the importance of collective communications among the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Project management, ability to prioritize, plan and map out activities and events. Effectively manages multiple tasks
- Quality Control – demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events
- Self-sufficient – self-directed and takes initiative on projects
Incumbent must have a passion for working in a mission-driven organization.
High School diploma required. General Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree in marketing and communications or related field or equivalent experience
- Management of communications and social media
- Non-Profit / Fundraising background
Flexibility to work occasional night and weekend hours may be required for successful completion of Fox Valley United Way activities and events.
This job description is intended to convey the essential functions of this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.