- Get Started- Hosting a Facebook fundraiser is free and all proceeds raised go directly to Fox Valley United Way. We recommend starting two weeks in advance of your celebration (birthday, Giving Tuesday) and ending just a few days after.
Visit @foxvalleyunitedway on Facebook, select “fundraisers” from the top and click “raise money” on the right of your screen.
Tip: Think about hosting a Facebook fundraiser outside of your birthday or Giving Tuesday such as bringing awareness to our Week of The Young Child or to support our Little Libraries initiative.
- Set Your Goal- We suggest setting a goal of $250 to $1000.
Tip: This amount can be adjusted at any time during your fundraiser so make sure to increase it as you come closer to your initial goal and don’t forget to update your friends and family on your progress.
- Customize- Get Creative! Choose a title, description and cover photo that tells your family and friends why you support Fox Valley United Way. Feel free to share personal stories and photos or those from your community located in our toolkit.
You can edit your facebook campaign at any time by clicking the edit button on your fundraiser’s homepage.
- Share- Tag your friends, send personal messages and make sure your fundraiser is public for others to spread the word. You can even make your fundraiser a team effort by adding organizers to the fundraiser.
Tip: Your fundraiser will get extra attention on Facebook as donations come in. We suggest making the first donation (even small) to gain momentum.
- Stay In Touch- Your fundraiser has launched…. Now what? Take these steps to ensure your fundraiser is a success:
- Keep friends and family updated on your progress
- As donations come in, share stories on how the donations will benefit the community (examples can be found in our toolkit)
- Encourage friends and family to share
- DON’T FORGOT TO RECOGNIZE AND THANK THOSE THAT HAVE CONTRIBUTED… this can be via special shoutouts on your page or story, a Facebook live video or personal messages.
To access your fundraiser at any time, locate “Fundraiser” on the left side panel of the homepage.
Just know any little amount will help Fox Valley United Way continue to ensure that all young children, birth to age five have equitable access to early childhood resources and education.
We are grateful to partner with you and can provide additional resources if needed. Contact Kyla.firstname.lastname@example.org