Women United is at the forefront of United Way’s movement to build stronger communities. Women United is a network of influential women leaders and philanthropists who work together to inspire change in the community. These women, who are passionate about improving their community, work together to direct their investment and participate in volunteer projects impacting individuals, families, and their children in the 23 communities Fox Valley United Way serves.
Committee members are requested to assist the organization in the following ways:
- Become familiar with FVUW’s mission and programs, including grant-making in support of non-profit partners’ programs, ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed), SPARK (Strong, Prepared And Ready for Kindergarten), Kane 211, Volunteer Fox Valley, Holiday Assistance, and SingleCare.
- Invite FVUW staff to present as appropriate to civic and religious groups, workplace meetings, and other community groups.
- Attend monthly meetings to brainstorm ideas with FVUW staff and provide input and feedback.
- Participate in sub-committee meetings for event planning purposes.
- Work with staff to plan fundraising events, which may include – but is not limited to – soliciting sponsorships and in-kind donations, inviting participants and attendees, and volunteering at events.
- Identify new and meaningful ways for Fox Valley United Way to raise awareness and fundraise in the community.
Goals of Women United
- Create awareness: Engage with community leaders, non-profit partners, business owners, and the community at large about the reality and struggles of ALICE in our communities.
- Advocate: Work to inform policymakers to affect positive change for ALICE community members. Collaborate with local non-profit partners, businesses, community members, and local and regional leaders to convene the conversations for change. Advocate for needed resources to improve the lives of the ALICE population.
- Fundraise: Raise the financial resources that support programs and services for ALICE families.
Women United is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual passionate about Fox Valley United Way’s mission, vision, and core values.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Ability to maintain an open mind to understand and respect the beneficiaries of Fox Valley United Way’s programs and partner programs.
- Integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Fox Valley United Way’s beneficiaries.
We ask members to attend at least 50% of the Women United meetings unless previously discussed. Time commitment varies based on the event schedule. Women United Members are not required to participate in every event, but each member should make an effort to assist with the planning of each event at some level and attend as many events as possible.
Women United members should make a minimum of a two-year commitment.
Women United is committed to ensuring that ALICE families in our communities have equitable access to opportunities and resources supporting positive health, education, and financial outcomes.
We envision a community where all people have a strong foundation for success.
Our Core Values
We value the experiences, cultures, voices and intellect of our diverse stakeholders. We bring equity to the forefront of our work. We hold forth the core values of collaboration, integrity, accountability, compassion and innovation.
For more information, please contact Michele Bergeron, Senior Director of Development & Engagement, at email@example.com.